Sabah Fest presents a wonderful blend of cultural and natural heritage that is richly embedded in folklore and is one of Sabah’s premiere events. ‘Solungkoi’ is a story about the construction of the Tamparuli bridge which became the landmark of Tamparuli region over several decades ago.
4 – 6 May 2018 • RM50 per ticket
Buy tickets online at
> Sabah Tourism Board, 088-212121
> Sri Pelancongan Sabah, 088-232121
Tamparuli is a small town and a sub-district of Tuaran on the west coast of Sabah, Malaysia. Based on a local folktale, the Tamparuli bridge was built by a British Engineer during the post-war colonial period. Many stories were told by the elders to generations who live in the villages of Tamparuli Town about the famous Tamparuli bridge.
The Tamparuli bridge legend tells a story about a beautiful young woman who fell in love and later on became a human sacrifice to appease the river spirits.
• Colouring Competition (Sat; 6 to 9 years old | Sun; 10 to 12 years old)
• Traditional Cooking Competition (Sat)
• Food Trucks
• Photobooth with Traditional Costume by Chanteek Borneo
• Traditional Games
• Handicraft Exhibition by Kadaiku and Kraftangan Malaysia
• Art Gallery
• Cultural Show
• Contemporary Fashion Show
• Bamboo Orchestra
See you there!